Saturday, November 22, 2008

What makes a great day?

First, sleep in. Do it. Do not set an alarm. Keep the curtains closed. Rest.

Second, eat a good breakfast. If breakfast is the most important meal of the day, then Saturday morning breakfast is the most important meal of the week. You should do pancakes and orange juice or something healthy.

Third, laugh. Find something to laugh at. Read a book, watch a movie, enjoy life. Your quality of life is directly correlated to your amount of laughter.

Fourth, execute your to do list. Life is only so long. You have to get some things done and Saturday is a good time to do it. Make a list of things you need to accomplish and follow through on them. To make your Saturday perfect, avoid Target, and do all your shopping at REI.

Fifth, and maybe most important, find someone special to share all of the above steps with. If you really want to have a wonderful day, have that person make you breakfast. Laugh with them, enjoy life with them.

Becky and I had a great day today. We did all of the above. In that order, too, so I can vouch for its effectiveness.

We took care of some post-wedding activities, returned some things we didn't need, bought some things we did, and laughed the whole time. We even bought a really awesome pub table with stools. It sits in our little breakfast nook looking out the window. It's awesome. It's going to be a great place to work, eat, and play. We could put our Macs on it and blog. We can eat here, read together here, and do many exciting things. It's very fun. (I put it together myself, so I'm also a carpenter.)

From Blogger Pictures

This is what it looks like!


Also, I joined the gym today. I need to get in better shape. There's this really good picture of Becky and I at youth camp the summer after my freshman year in college. It was "hoe down" night. Becky has her hair in pig tails and little freckles dotted on her cheeks and I'm wearing a tank top style undershirt. It's a great picture. In this picture, I am tan, thin, and muscular. I was just what the ladies wanted. I am no longer tan, thin, or muscular. I am not what the ladies want. I hope to regain my physique. Maybe I'll blog about my progress. (Read: If I'm not blogging about my progress, assume no progress has been made.)

Finally, tonight we're going out for Becca's birthday. She's a Rockets cheerleader and super cool. Becca and Becky were best friends growing up, until Becca fell in love with me. Then they had a falling out period for about two years. I finally had to sit them both down. We had a long talk, lots of tears, and some real breakthroughs. Now things are much better. It was terrible being between those two*. Anyway, we're going to get sushi tonight. Sushi is bascially Japanese bacon, so it's awesome.






(*Disclaimer: This story is false.)

5 comments:

Pam Palmour said...

Awww, say hi to Becca for me. I remember when she was in kindergarten and told us her birthday was a 2 and a 2. Memories . . . .

Elijah Davidson said...

Sushi is not Japanese bacon. This: http://www.blogd.com/archives/001130.html is Japanese bacon.

Elijah Davidson said...

And today you have both cracked me up something fierce.

Becky and Patrick said...

I would just like to state that my posture is not normally that poor.

Becky

Unknown said...

Elijah is mistaken. This is Japanese bacon:

http://www.blurtit.com/var/question/q/q9/q97/q977/q9776/q977627_koni2.jpg