Friday, November 14, 2008

Fun and Friends

This has been a WONDERFUL week. I haven't been this busy at work in a long time, and that part is not so wonderful. But everything else has been. As you know, I went to the doctor last week, and I am hypoglycemic. She told me to eat more red meat. So last weekend I ate red meat several times. And I prayed about it a LOT. We had talked in our girls time at small group last week about how the world was not created to make us happy. So last weekend I decided it was time to suck it up and stop complaining and if I get up in the middle of the night and have to eat something... there are definitely worse things in life than that. Apparently changing my attitude helped quite a bit! I have slept through the night all week. And I decided if that doesn't last forever, that's ok.

Tuesday I did absolutely nothing. I came home and wanted to be totally lazy, so Patrick made me a hot dog and I watched TV. Wednesday was church and it went REALLY well. The girls are taking turns leading our group, and the first one went so well. I am excited to see the rest of them. Then last night I met Claire at Starbucks and we had a long time to catch up and have some girl chatting time. It was nice. AND she gave me the first Twilight book to start reading. I am really excited about it. I needed a new book to read in the bath; the one I have been reading is not cutting it. Everyone seems to love the books, so I can't wait to get started. I only got the first one from her, so when I need the second one we will have to meet again!

I get to leave work early today at the end of this really busy week. I need to go home and finish packing real quick, put everything in the car, head to College Station, go by Men's Wearhouse to pick up Patrick's tux, go by the Kelms to touch base with them, and get to a rehearsal dinner by 7. Phew! Then Candice and I are going to do some shopping on Saturday morning while Patrick is having breakfast with friends, and then we have wedding festivities in the afternoon. And I'm sure we'll try to see Patrick's brother on Saturday before we come home.

Oh, and I bought a shirt from Ambre today that she was going to return to Banana Republic that she had gotten some kind of member discount on so it was a good deal and it's super cute. See? Such a good week!

Alright, I need to work for a few more hours. Happy weekend!!

No comments: