Thursday, November 27, 2008

The Gilgour Family First Annual Andrew Peterson's Behold the Lamb of God Christmas Tree Setup and Decoration Extravaganza Event of the Year!

Whew!  The title says it all.  End of post.

Juuuuust kidding.  Becky and I put up the Christmas tree this morning!  Some people may think that's too early, but Becky has been jonesing to put the tree since she took it down last year (probably in February...).  We really love the Christmas tree.  Both of our mothers placed a huge emphasis on the family Christmas tree, so we're just carrying that on.

Our Christmas tree ornaments, while small in number, are big in meaning.  We try to get an ornament for each fun thing we do.  We have an ornament from Tavern on the Green (where we got engaged), Maui (honeymoon), Cheesecake Factory (first date), and a bunch of other fun ones.  (Now, not to be rude, but please don't get us an ornament from your vacation.  I'm sure you had a great time, but we weren't there.  I'm sure you have great meaning, but I'm anal.)

Back to the title.  Andrew Peterson is my favorite artist and one of his greatest (if not his greatest) album is Behold the Lamb of God.  Elijah reviewed this album last week.  Its an excellent read and you should check it out.  Each year, Peterson, along with other fantastic artists, travels the country putting on the greatest show in the land.  Last year I went twice and only so few times because that's all my college-sized budget would allow.  This year, unfortunately, Peterson didn't make it very far west of the Mississippi.  I was pretty upset, but there wasn't much I could do.  I had planned on making the Christmas tree decorating a fun celebration and this is easily my favorite Christmas album ever.  So I spun the iPod right to the album, hit play, and was instantly satisfied.  

We had a lot of fun putting the tree up.  It was great pulling the ornaments out and thinking about the meaning to each of them.  We have a few from Becky's father that are especially important to us.  We sang along with Peterson and company on the album and talked about how much we love Christmas.  We look forward to sharing this season with each of you.

Here are some pictures from this morning:




No comments: