Saturday, November 15, 2008

The only thing better than my friends: Cooler Ranch Doritos

My weekend was 98% excellent. The 2% involves a large amount of intestinal extrusion in a short amount of time. I'll leave your imagination to chew on that one. I got to see my best friends in the whole world in one of the best places in the whole world. Can life get any better than this? Not without a bag of blue doritos.

Friday we left work early to head up to C Stat for the Gilbert/ Hokanson wedding. I was an Usher, which is kind of the most important job in the whole wedding. You are the first flower-donned person the guest will see. I can be rude or tell you that you look beautiful. See how important my job was? I mean, I could say to you, "This minister sucks" or "Just wait until you see the maid of honor, what a fake tan" and completely change your view of the wedding. I'm kind of a big deal. Anyway, I was pretty excited to get up there and receive my orders.

Also, Elijah was coming. Next to Becky, he's my best friend.

Saturday morning I went and had breakfast with Elijah, Jon, Cowboy John (or Brent, whatever), and Daniel. This was the first time I had been in the same room with all these guys since my wedding. The thing I love most about spending time with them is that it doesn't matter how long it has been since we've last seen it each other, it always feels the same. I waited a long time to have friends like that, so you better believe I was beyond excited to see them.

After a wonderful breakfast (with enough bacon to make your heart skip a beat, permanently) Brent and I ran to TMW to get a new tux jacket. This one was too small and apparently they guarantee I'm going to like the way I look? Then we headed to Gander Mountain because every mandated man-date includes an obligatory shotgun lust fest.

Just don't go hunting with this guy.

The wedding was beautiful. We got everyone seated (sort of). That was important. However, and slightly ironic, the ushers stood in the back. Chris looked sharp. Leslie looked perfect. And then there was pie. I love pie. I ate a lot of pie.

After the wedding we blew bubbles. Elijah and I embraced in a man hug with the non-optional "I'm not gay" three-pat back slap. We went back the Kelm's, changed, talked for a bit, and then took Michael to dinner at Blue Baker. It was fun. I miss college. Becky said she would let me wear Chacos everyday if it meant she could go back to college. I want to wear Chacos everyday.

Well, we didn't sleep a lot last night because we were so sick, so I'm going to hit the hay!

2 comments:

Becky and Patrick said...

That is a much better use of the word 'extrusion' Patrick. Referring to my nose as one is not. :-)

Elijah Davidson said...

I just wanted to note that Becky just commented to Patrick on their own blog. That's hilarious.

I also noticed the better use of the word 'extrusion."