Sunday, November 2, 2008

The news you've been waiting for

If you also stalk us on facebook you know that I recently announced a soon-to-be announcement. Well, here it is:That's my (Patrick) Sallie Mae online statement (the last of our debt). The "Total amount outstanding: -$1.65" That's right, the government owes me money (Courtesy of Becky overpaying, despite my warning she was overpaying).

About 4.5 months ago Becky and I started taking Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace University. If you haven't ever heard of Dave or heard any of his lessons, I highly encourage you to do so, regardless of your financial situation, I promise you can learn something from it. For me, it completely transformed my way of thinking. I no longer care about the car you drive or the TV you have or the furniture in your house. I don't have to keep up with the Joneses. And I pay cash for everything.

This post wouldn't be complete without a quick shout out to our parents who did the best they could to get us through school and encouraged us to get in the "black" as soon as we could.

2 comments:

Elijah Davidson said...

Can I say "congratulations" again. I think I can.

Congratulations!

Claire said...

This is awesome! Congratualtions guys!