Wednesday, November 19, 2008

If I must post, I must post about bacon

Becky has quite a few friends that post recipes and nonsense. I figured, if you can't beat 'em, join 'em.

I made dinner on Monday night before going to have pie with my friend Travis. I cooked a pasta-based goodness. This dish works best with a short, empty pasta, like bowtie or penne. Those would be the two I would make it with. I used a ravioli at home, but only because its all we had. Step 1, get that going. I'll assume if you're smart enough to read our blog, you're smart enough to cooka tha noodla. Step 2, take a frying pan/ skillet/ omlette pan. Turn the heat up. Add some olive oil. Place baby spinach in heated pan. Let sauté. Step 3, cut up some bacon. Becky and I use the pre coooked variety because we can buy about 12 pounds of it at a time at Costco. Don't use Canadian bacon, it's a fraud. (No offense, Chelsea!) I usually cut up enough to make my cardiologist cringe, then add two more slices. Rule of thumb: If it's less than a handful, it isn't enough. Step 4, cut up pepperoni. I mean, you only live once. Step 5, add meat to spinach and cook/ heat. Step 6, add a creamy alfredo sauce and simmer. Step 7, add pasta to rest of ingredients. Try to time everything so everything flows. I guess that goes without saying. Step 8, after the pasta and everything mixes, it doesn't take long, serve up.

I don't use measurements or times. I've watched enough Iron Chef in my day to know that's for rookies.

I just thought this would be good. Who knows, they might sell it at Olive Garden. However, when you read our blog, you're family! Its delicious.

2 comments:

Elijah Davidson said...

Your love of bacon does not make your cardiologist cringe. It makes him or her very happy because they know they can count on you for many years of patronage.

Chelsea said...

*Gasp* A FRAUD? :P
hahah. no offence taken.
That actually sounds really good. What sort of alfredo sauce do you use?