Friday, October 17, 2008

Teacher, my head hurts. Can I go to the nurse?

Patrick here.

I had a migraine today.  Ouch.  I woke up, took a shower, drove to work, everything was fine.  I started testing some spreadsheets and I could not get my eyes to focus on the computer.  I just need coffee, right?  Wrong.  Coffee doesn't help.  I need to turn off the desk light, right?  Wrong.  That doesn't help.  I need to take a quick break, right?  Wrong.  There's nothing to do escape the pain.  But Patrick, you didn't break down and take medicine did you?  Yes, I'm a sellout.  I took Excedrin Migraine.  That's legit stuff.  Its Tylenol, Bayer, and No-Doz in a two pill punch.  Please don't tell Quanah Parker.  He's going to kick me out of his club.

I drove home and only the Lord knows how.  You have to be a Calvinist to drive home at 75 mph when you can't even tell how close another car may (or may not) be in front of you, but I made it.  I basically turned the lights off and slept like a log.  I woke up when Becky came home for lunch and made me a sandwich.  Now I feel 99% better.  However, I did miss my free lunch, but Becky made a turkey sandwich.  

On a side note: Becky makes a great sandwich.  If this recession gets worse, I'm going to have her make sandwiches to sell for 3 quarters each.  Take that, Hoover (Herbert Hoover, that is).

Work this week has been rough.  It's not that I've had too much to do, it's just the opposite.  I haven't had enough to do.  It's been kind of nice having the afternoon off, even if I did have to feel like one of the guys from the opening scene of Saving Private Ryan for two hours.

We're going camping this weekend!  I am so excited.  The truck is already loaded up and ready to go (it has been for at least an hour) and Becky doesn't even get off work for another hour.  Did I tell you I was excited?  I have a few things planned that Becky doesn't know about, but I think she's going to real
ly enjoy them.  

Hopefully, this will be us in a few hours:

No comments: