Sunday, October 12, 2008

flu=death




My father is dead set on not getting the flu shot. He says the only times he has ever gotten it, he got the flu. Well I had the flu last year and it was the most miserable week of my life. So I was determined to get the flu shot this year. They were doing them at church this morning, and I signed myself up. The lady did an excellent job. She was a wonderful shot giver, minus telling me I had "been a very good girl" at the end. She assured me there was no possible way to get the flu from the shot because it's a dead virus.


Well we went and had a free Mission Burrito with Brandon, as mentioned by Patrick, and I ate the whole thing which I was very impressed with. Then we went home for a bit and ran to the mall this afternoon. Got some work clothes, great trip. Tonight's small group dinner theme was pie, and we had no time to make anything, so we ran to the store and got oatmeal cream pies and a salad. And then it happened. We left the grocery store, and I started feeling terrible. It started in my throat and then moved to the achy-ness. And here I am, sitting on the couch, waiting for Patrick to bring me some lactose-free ice cream to ease my flu symptoms. I'm sure it's just side effects from the vaccine, at least it better be, but either way it is no fun. Hopefully I wake up in the morning everything will be back to normal. I may pass on the flu shot next year. :-/

No comments: