Monday, October 13, 2008

Taking back my territory!




I apologize for the bombarding of crazy blog posts here lately. Patrick is taking over the blog, so I need to post!

Speaking of Patrick... I have been making fun of him because he went and played dodgeball last night at church with the youth, and he is always incredibly sore afterward. I've been trying to convince him to take some preventative advil beforehand but so far he refuses. Being a superior being and all... who needs advil?

The fam came over for dinner tonight, and Patrick made us some yummy fajitas. When we go to Baltimore, we always eat our share of east coast greatness, such as crabs. So we figured it was fitting to show my grandmother some Texas food. And she seemed to really like it.

I no longer have flu-like symptoms! But tomorrow is back to work as usual and that is never exciting! Or sometimes it is too exciting and that's the problem.

Remember our dishonest Craigslist poster? Well, someone else has the exact same coffee table listed. So there. It does not have the matching end table but that is ok. I will find one. So we are probably going to go over there tomorrow or Thursday to check it out. YAY! I am seriously lacking places to display things in this house. We have some super cute built ins that I love and of course the entertainment center but apparently I have more things to display than I thought. So I need a coffee table because I want to have a vase or bowl that changes with seasons. My mom gave me a vase from Pottery Barn with a candle and some spring-like flowers. So they have new stuff to put in the vase for fall that I need to check out. But I'm cheap... so I'll probably browse Pottery Barn for ideas and then find something similar somewhere else. :-)

Our family dinner tonight delayed my Jon and Kate Plus 8 watching. On the nights they show it, they theme the night "large family night" apparently and so there are always shows for the Duggers. And I do not have strong feelings toward the Duggers like I do Jon and Kate so I am very disappointed by this. I would prefer a marathon. She wrote a book by the way that would make an excellent Christmas gift for anyone who is reading this and wanting to get me a gift! I love those kids. And this is good for me! I am just recently liking small children. Well that's not true, I have always liked kids through about kindergarten, and then I'm done with them until they are in high school. But they're growing on me.

Ok, well I have a new book from Amazon.com, so I am going to do a little bit of reading before Jon and Kate come on again. By the way, I have had many people recommend the Twilight books.
Your thoughts?

1 comment:

Claire said...

I LOVE THE TWILIGHT BOOKS!!! Granted you prob already knew that ;)

ps I'm gonna have to check out that J&K book cause we love that show!