Sunday, October 12, 2008

If you want something done right, you have to do it yourself

Blog readers, I apologize for my wife's lackadaisical attitude in blogging. (For the record, I spelled lackadaisical correct the first time. No spell check needed.)

The Gilgour's have been very busy people this last week. We have been working with Young Life on Monday nights. We have really enjoyed this experience. T

uesday is a free night. This Tuesday I took a spin through Terry Hershey Park. It was great. I rode as hard as I could for an hour. It felt amazing.

Wednesday nights we work with the youth at our church. We really enjoy working with the youth here. Becky has 10th grade girls and I have 10th grade guys.

Thursday night is the Office night and thus the most important night of the week. To make this Thursday even better, I went to Happie Hour with Chris at House of Pies. I used to enjoy going to get a drink for Happy Hour, but I think a slice of pie is even better. Becky's grandma got in Thursday night as well. So we've been eating with her parents and grandma this weekend.

Friday night we went to the family theatre and saw Driving Miss Daisy. It was actually really good. I thought it was fun.

Saturday we went to lunch/ brunch, Wal-Mart, and then to the mall. We were going to buy a coffee and end table off of Craigslist (our favorite shopping medium), but we were unable to make a deal because I found the poster to be dishonest. (Dave Ramsey, my personal financial adviser, advises not to deal with dishonest people, no matter how good the deal.)

Today, Sunday, we went to church and got a free Mission Burrito. Our week was good.

Married life is starting to be more "normal". Its not getting routine or mundane, but the idea of being married and going home together at night is not as strange as it used to be.

Oh, and I have chocolate pie in my fridge.

2 comments:

Elijah Davidson said...

I want the story behind the dishonest Craig's-lister.

Elijah Davidson said...

That is a sad story. I think y'all were right not to deal with the guy. I will pray and am sure something better will come along.