Thursday, October 23, 2008

Fall is upon us!

The high yesterday was 70 degrees! And the low was in the 40's last night! YAY! I was born in Baltimore, but not with thick skin. I do not like super cold weather. But the changes in season I do love.

My extended family is mostly on the east coast, so of course Christmas always comes with cold weather. I am already thinking about what to pack and what to get people and I already have a present for Patrick! That I think was pretty thoughtful and I am pretty excited about. I am very impressed with my spreading out my holiday expenses this year. I already have ideas for lots of people so it should be perfect!

Thanksgiving day, the day of the Christmas tree, is only 34 days away! (Edit: I just talked to someone at work who puts up their Christmas stuff the weekend before Thanksgiving. I am definitely taking this into consideration. AND Garden Ridge is having a 50% off Christmas decorations sale this weekend. Hmm...)

Since we are going to see my family for the holidays, we are going to Missouri to visit Patrick's grandparents in February. We looked at plane tickets yesterday. It's far away enough that they are still pretty reasonably priced. So yay for another trip! However, we are waiting to buy them until this weekend because....













PATRICK IS PAYING OFF HIS STUDENT LOAN THIS WEEKEND!!! We will be officially debt free. You better believe we are calling into Dave Ramsey's radio show to yell it.



I woke up to the doorbell ringing this morning. Patrick was already up and ready for work, but not I. Working 4 minutes from home gives me that advantage. :-) We have a leak in the guest bedroom ceiling, and the owner had sent someone out to check it out and work on some electrical socket stuff that I honestly don't think needs to be fixed but whatever. Well apparently the number she has for us is one number off, so when she called to tell us they would be there bright and early we didn't get that message. (Kind of like on the cell phone commercials when he gets stuck in the hostel with the crazy dancing Europeans because he doesn't have cell phone service.) Anyway, so they had to shut the power off to the house to do the electrical work and so I hurried to get ready for work. Down side: less sleeping in on a Friday morning than usual. Up side: I had to come in to work early so I can leave early! And I used some of my extra time to go to Starbucks and get a piece of blueberry coffee cake. Starbucks on a cold morning = greatness.

Friday mornings are the best. We both sleep in a little bit later, and this morning it was pretty cold so we we had the blankets piled on top, AND Friday is normally 'go out to lunch day' which means no lunches need to be made in the morning. Weekends in general are the best.

Ok that's enough rambling for today.

62 days until Christmas!!

1 comment:

Elijah Davidson said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Being debt free is awesome. There is such freedom in not being under the yoke of a lender.