Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Wednesday

For quite some time now, I (Becky) have celebrated Wednesday as being 'half way there.' And then the weekend FINALLY comes, and then it seems so short and then suddenly it's Monday morning and I'm back, counting down to Friday again. And the cycle repeats itself.

My job is an interesting one. Rarely dull. I talk to people who want to buy houses. And then we do everything we can to get them into one. Some of them are nice, some are far from it. Some are very grateful, some feel entitled. Some really deserve it, and others... well. The thing is that it's a pretty emotional process for them, so sometimes that is transferred to me. Thus the stress.

So today I have resolved to have a thoroughly enjoyable Wednesday, whether the numerous people I talk to on the phone are pleasant or not. Whether I am able to meet some of their ridiculously high expectations or not. And tonight we will go to church and I will see my 10th grade girls and I will have forgotten about work by the time I get there and it will be great. I am determined.

On another note... you know how Chase does those promotions where if you open a checking account with them you get $100? Well, we got one of those promotions before Christmas, and we just got too busy, and by the time we looked at it in January the promotion was over. The plan was to put the money we are saving for a house in there and have money direct deposited into it from our pay checks and eventually buy a house! But we weren't in much of a hurry once we realized the promotion was over. Well... now they have a new one! And it's more money. Yay. Bring on the house fund.

I hope everyone is having a wonderful week so far!

No comments: