Sunday, January 4, 2009

I have a working computer

I have a working computer again!! Well, let me explain. I bought a MacBook in August of 2006 (at the beginning of my Junior year of college). When I bought the MacBook, I bought what I could afford (I didn't finance the MacBook, thankfully). The Mac was a perfect computer for me during school and served all my needs dutifully. However, towards the end of my senior year of college I was really lacking in hard drive space, as I only had a 60GB hard drive, which had been enough on my PC. However, when I got the Mac, I was able to edit videos and pictures, download lots of podcasts, and do other hard-drive occupying activities.

So for Christmas I asked for a new hard drive. My mother-in-law got me the new hard drive I asked for. Then, while in Baltimore, my father-in-law upgraded my grandma-in-law's computer to 2GB of RAM for like $25. So I figured, I might as well do the same. I seached on newegg.com and ordered 2GB of RAM for < $20 shipped.

To make an even longer story shorter, my great friend Chris let me use a license of his Leopard family pack to install that on the new hard drive.

Now I have an uber computer running the greatest OS on a 320GB hard drive with 2GB of RAM.

It's pretty exciting.

No comments: