Wednesday, January 21, 2009

A new countdown!





In case you are new to our blog and didn't hear me say this a bajillion times during the Christmas season, I LOVE holidays!!



We have a new countdown to Valentines! It's 24 days away! And it's on a Saturday this year, which is always nice. Minus the whole crazy crowds everywhere you go thing. I need to get out my Valentines decor to spice up the living room a bit.


Exciting things are going on in the Gilgours' lives. We have TWO (yes two!) wonderful friends who are having babies! Actually, make that THREE (because we found out about the Lands awhile ago but I have been a blog slacker and they didn't get their well-deserved, honorary blog post. Congratulations, Jeni and Brice!) Patrick has been dying to be the cool uncle, but birth order places him in a difficult position to be anyone's uncle any time soon. So he gets to be the cool babysitter. We are excited. I'm sure if he calls himself 'Uncle Patrick' long enough, it will stick. :-)


Patrick is going to Big Bend in February, and Valentine's is also in February, as I mentioned! Then March brings us the Rodeo... we have been trying to decide who to go see. Sadly, the people we would prefer to see are not on the weekends and I am an old person and I am tired and it is not at the top of my list of favorite things to do to spend a ridiculous amount of time in traffic getting to the Rodeo, then riding the bus once we park, then standing in line, etc. after work. I'd much prefer to do it on a weekend. But I may have to cave on this one.

And, just as exciting....









I AM GOING TO SEE KATE GOSSELIN ON THURSDAY NIGHT!






I am ridiculously excited. I LOVE her! In the weird way that you love a person who you have only seen on tv. It's ridiculous, I know. But either way, I am going! Tomorrow! Yay!


Alrighty, that's enough excitement for one day.

2 comments:

Claire said...

I'm seeing her too! What section are you sitting it??

Pam Palmour said...

It was VERY fun! Thanks for inviting me.