Sunday, January 25, 2009

Randomness

Well, I did it. I saw Kate Gosselin. In person. The speaking was really good. (I was especially impressed with Lysa Turkeurst.) And Kate looked gorgeous. And my mom bought me dinner. It was good times.

In other news, today, my Uncle Mark graduated from Wilmington University. He also received one of two awards given out at the ceremony. His was for outstanding service to fellow students, to Wilmington University and to the community. And he's in his 60's. Pretty cool, huh?

Did anyone watch the Duggar wedding on TV? That poor girl. I mean it's a beautiful sentiment and the families were both really sweet about it. But the poor girl and the broadcasting of the discussion of the wedding night. That's all I have to say.

If you have never tried the crab and shrimp penne pasta from Costco, you are SERIOUSLY missing out. (Yep, this is Becky writing a food post.) It's amazing. I normally refuse to eat anything with what someone claims to be 'crab' in it unless I am within the confines of Maryland. But this stuff is so good. We also found some fresh lump crab meat at this enormous new HEB we have, so Patrick intends to attempt making crab cakes at some point. It will have to be for a special occasion though because fresh crab meat is somewhat pricy.

Today, we visited with the McGowns. We checked out their new church building (www.cypressfamily.org) and then had lunch with them. It was a really good time. The food was so good, and we reminisced about old youth group times. And then we got to hang out with Lisa and the kids some more after Kevin left for an appointment. It was really nice. We are so grateful to the McGowns for their friendship and their encouragement. They are wonderful people and so good to us. And so are their oatmeal cookies. :-)

Well, this week will be super crazy at work. It's the end of the month. Tomorrow I have a doctor's appointment in the medical center, so when I get done Patrick will be getting off of work. We're going to try to meet down there to do something fun for the evening. We'll have to see how work goes. Like I said, crazy week.

I hope everyone has a great week! 20 days to Valentine's Day!

1 comment:

Claire said...

I'm gonna have to try that penne! I LOVE Costco!