Friday, February 20, 2009

My tool shed

I have a baby. Let me show her to you:

From Blogger Pictures

Isn't she beautiful?


(Sorry for the cruddy cell phone picture).

This is my tool shed. She is the keeper of my expanding tool collection. You see, when we first moved in, she was nothing more than an outdoor junk closet. The landlady was keeping junk in it. The first thing I did was 1) move the junk worth keeping to the attic and 2) throw the junk not worth keeping to the curb. After that, she was just a shell stripped down to the studs.

My first step was the pegboard. I've always wanted a place to hang my tools on a peg board, so I bought one with some gift cards and put one up.

After that, I just had some stuff accumulate, nothing fancy. Then I took some scrap wood from the butcher block project and made some shelves, which helped get some stuff off the floor. I even made a shelf for some speakers so I can hook up my iPod while I'm outside working! One of tomorrow's projects is to work on the cable management so it looks clean. I also used a hook I got at my tool shower as a way to store my drill!

2 comments:

Elijah Davidson said...

Those are my favorite uses of exclamation points ever!

Unknown said...

In the words of Tim the Tool Man Taylor - Ugh! Ugh! Ugh! Enough said.