Thursday, February 12, 2009

You can't steam out those wrinkles. Or is that plaid?

(I failed on that title, sorry.)

Tonight Becky and I listened to a Ben Stewart podcast on marriage. It was good. I'll be honest, I didn't pay attention as well as Becky did because I was making dinner at the same time. Dinner was good, though! (FYI, the creamy tomato-alfredo hybrid isn't all it's hyped up to be.)

After dinner we went to Marshall's. I'll be the first to admit I love Marshall's. It's in my top five favorite stores, behind REI, Costco, Apple Store, and HEB-Central Market. Each time (and each store) is different. Plus, it's just so stinking cheap. It'd be foolish not to shop there. I got two new pairs of cool pants! One pair is to replace my khaki's, which like your tax dollars, got owned by AIG. Well, their chair owned them to be more specific. They frayed the right hip a bit and I haven't found a suitable replacement. (No pun intended.)

The second pair is a really cool Calvin Klein trouser that is black/ gray plaid. Apparently plaid is back in? Evan, my boss, was wearing a pair of plaid pants today and I thought they were cool. So, being female, I went and bought a pair of plaid pants tonight. Maybe I'll take a picture of me wearing them and upload it tomorrow.

We came home and put them in the Dryel dry clean at home bag. Here's the result: . If that looks like nothing, it is. This system isn't very good and, at best, does nothing but leave your clothes smelling like dryer sheet concentrate. It doesn't get the wrinkles out. I should've known that a wet, smelly paper towel imitation couldn't replace the commercial-grade iron and press machine of my preferred neighborhood dry cleaning service. The price: about $10. I think we'll get about 12-14 garments out of this, so it saved about $2.50-3.00, but that doesn't include the time Becky and I spent ironing out the wrinkles it left in. Bottom line: .5 Gillies (of 5 Gillies), for the smell.

Also, Becky is an amazing wife. I give her 5 Gillies and bowl of Blue Bell.

1 comment:

The Roberts' said...

i dont know about tomato & alfredo, BUT throwing heavy cream into tomato sauce makes a yummy creamy tomatoey sauce.