Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Thankful.

I just put up my March calendar at work! Whoa! (We put up two months at a time.) Our upcoming months are full of exciting things! Patrick's trip to Big Bend is in just a couple of weeks now, and Valentine's Day is next weekend! We are going to Missouri at the end of February also, and then Patrick's birthday is the first week of March! He will be 23. :-) We will be the same age for almost 3 months. I will relish those months when we are older I'm sure.

Lisa McGown gets a birthday week, and considering that I get VERY excited about birthdays/holidays, I have been trying to convince Patrick that I, too, would thoroughly enjoy a birthday week. But I really love everyone's birthdays, so in anticipation of my wonderful husband creating a week of birthday bliss for ME, I am going to have one for HIM! I'm pretty excited about it. Lisa does Friday to Friday, but since Patrick wants to go camping Fri-Sat after his birthday, he will get the previous Saturday to that Saturday. Yay! I have lots of things up my sleeve. :-)

On another note, I watch Good Morning America every morning, and the statistics of how many people have lost their jobs/homes/etc. gets more staggering every day. And we know we haven't hit the bottom yet. (And being in the mortgage industry, I am hit in the face with the dire situation of the economy every day.) I am so thankful for my very stable life at the moment, for our jobs and health and roof over our heads, and plenty of food in the fridge. For our healthy marriage and family that is close by (and lots of wonderful family who are not close by!) For our wonderful friends that we love so much and get to spend so many fun times with. For our church, our Wednesday night youth, and our own grown up small group. For the fact that we can afford to just go to Missouri in a couple weeks to see Patrick's family. For our emergency fund. :-)

And if you read this, I am positive that I'm thankful for you! Happy Friday Eve!

**ps I don't know why this posted on Wednesday; I posted it Thursday, which is why I said Friday eve!**

No comments: