Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Three presidential terms!

5.5 years ago I was...

A recent high school graduate

Getting ready to move to College Station to attend Texas A&M University (whoop)

Coming back from Maui for a trip my parents took me on

Picking out bedding with my soon-to-be roomie Brooke

Getting REALLY terrible highlights using a new hair stylist who turned my hair orange (for the first day of college. sweet.)

Getting a new (to me) car

And, five and a half years ago, on August 9, 2003 'officially' dating Patrick Gilgour. :-)

Patrick and I have been together now (well, as of two days ago) for 5.5 years. I know, that's the third time I've said that, but whoa! We are on our third presidential term! (Two were the same president, but still.) We used to celebrate our half year anniversaries at the same time as Valentine's. And our year anniversaries came in August. But now our real married half anniversaries come in January and our real married year anniversaries in July. Did you get all that?

Either way, I am told there is a surprise coming on Valentine's Day and I am pumped.

Isn't it crazy how many things happen in 5 years? Since we started dating, he has graduated from high school, we have both started and graduated from college, we have both lost very special family members, I have been to Europe and Patrick has found a love for national parks, we have become totally different people, we got MARRIED, we moved into this townhouse, we have become debt free, we have both started our first jobs... phew.

Happy five and a half years!

No comments: