Friday, September 26, 2008

Yay weekends!

We have been so spoiled lately with very little we HAVE to get done on the weekends and I love it. The months before the wedding were jam packed with things that absolutely had to get done. Then after the honeymoon, we were still in wedding season mode and had several others to go to for the rest of July. But August and September have been amazing. Our weekends are generally pretty lazy. That won't be quite the case in October, but this break has been very nice.

My grandmother is coming in October! Two weeks from now in fact. My extended family is in Baltimore, so visiting is not terribly common. We have been spoiled with our trips there in the last couple of years. Circumstances have taken us up there ever few months or so for almost 2 years. Most of them came down for the wedding, so we got to see them in July but then no trip planned until Christmas! Bummer. But we get a treat! She's coming from October 9-14. So I'll take some time off work which is always a plus and have some fun times.

Speaking of Christmas... I got some Christmas ideas from my mom this afternoon (trying to spread out our Christmas expenses this year!) and it makes me VERY excited about Christmas. We also discussed our sleeping arrangements for Christmas this year since the Diehls/Palmours have a new member of the family... Patrick! :-)
Have I mentioned how much I love Christmas??

We are staying at Patrick's parents house tonight to watch the dog and his sister. This allows us to set off some bug bombs this evening before we leave to permanently rid ourselves of the little creatures in our house. I won't even go into it. So gross.

Alrighty, more later!

1 comment:

Sarah Bacarisse Warden said...

Hey Becky
Sarah Bacarisse Warden here!!
Check out my decorative tiles on my website for som egreat holiday gifts.. notecards too!
www.wardengraphics.com