Wednesday, September 3, 2008

September redeems itself


In the last post, I dissed September because it lacks holidays and therefore decorations. So I decided after that to find out what holidays there are in September. (For a more extensive list, click here.)

First off, it's Read-A-New-Book Month. I love to read, especially in the bath. And I haven't gotten a new book in quite some time so that's motivation enough for me to get a new one.

Some holidays that I am interested in:

September 5: National Cheese Pizza Day
September 7: National Grandparents Day
September 11: Patriot Day/World Trade Center Remembrance Day
September 18: National Play Doh Day (we are totally making edible play doh this day)
September 21: International Day of Peace
September 28: Good Neighbor Day

I plan to honor said holidays. Not a lot of decorations, but I'll take what I can get until the pumpkins come out.

2 comments:

Claire said...

The play-doh holiday reminded me of the Valentine's Jon and Kate episode where they made edible play doh, I totally want to try it!

Jonathan Breen said...

Have you picked your new book yet? If not, you should read the Twilight books, both of you. I know I sound like a girl but Leslie was right, they are great.