Saturday, September 20, 2008

Patrick: Tagged by Elijah Davidson


1. I love pie.

2. I eat a bag of peanut M&M's every day at work at 4:00 in the afternoon. This helps me "get over that hump" that lasts from about 4 until 5, 5:30, or even 6. I bust out my bag of colorful goodness and chomp away for all the office to hear. I know they're envious. And its not that I'm rude (not entirely), I just don't hear their jealousy over the crunching of my candied pleasure. Melts in your mouth, not in your hand.

3. I wear my dress socks multiple times before I wash them. This is easily justifiable because I simply don't have enough dress socks to make it through the week if I don't. Plus, they're work socks. These aren't my running socks, hiking socks, or cycling socks. These are work socks. Allen Iverson said it best: They're just work socks man. We're talking about work socks. Not smelly socks, but work socks. Not smelly socks, not smelly socks, but work socks.

>4. I, like my wife, am a little "excitable" over other people's blogs. I check blogs for people I don't even know. The radio station in Houston has a DJ named Liz Jordan and I read her blog so that I can find out what her boyfriend is doing. He's an amazing photographer and I just want to see his stuff! Another guy, his name is Bruce Nelson, and he used to be a smoke jumper in Alaska. Now he is through hiking the Continental Divide Trail! That means he is hiking all the way from the Mexican border to the Canadian border. As of last post, he was in East Glacier, Montana (my home away from home!). This is sort of like therapy.

5. This isn't a quirk, but it should be publicly announced: I want to be buried in my Chaco sandals. Love them, hate them, whatever them: just bury me in them. These beloved footwear units have been atop Grinnel Glacier in Montana, the Colorado River at the bottom of the Grand Canyon, the shores of Maui, and everywhere in between. The only thing these sandals can't do: Win the eye of my wife. She hates them.

6. I love pie.

4 comments:

Elijah Davidson said...

I wear my dress socks multiple times too, but I do not wear them every day. I wear them like every few months to like a wedding or something. I just don't see why I should wash them if I only wore them for a few hours while sitting in a church and then while eating a piece of cake.

I respect your Chacos.

J.T. said...

What are "dress socks"?

Elijah Davidson said...

I like the new look.

Unknown said...

1. Stupid people make life fun.
2. Peanut M&M's will make you fat.
3. Wash your socks or buy some new ones. You have a full time job.
4. I hate blogs.
5. We will bury you in your Chacos with socks.
6. You are right about the pie. It is universal, and before salt, pie was used as currency.