Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Productivity

Last weekend was a productive weekend. Patrick, being the amazing husband that he is, painted the kitchen. :-) Yay!! So that's finally done. Oh, and the weekend before he fixed the smelly garbage disposal. So handy. Anyway, we've had the kitchen half painted for over a month. Phew. And we got a bath rug for the half bath downstairs, and we got a bedskirt and some curtains for our bedroom. (On gift cards of course.)





That's him putting together some furniture before we got married. See? So handy!


Then we went to celebrate the soon-to-be Breens engagement! YAY! It was a good time. We got to watch through the window when he proposed. It was precious.


Friday night was full of friend time. We went to dinner with the Allemans and then went to House of Pies. Then we met more fun friends at Barnes and Noble until they kicked us out, and we went to visit Lauren and Paul's house. It was probably the latest I have stayed up (except the week of the wedding) since I started working a year ago. But it was lots of fun, and I am so glad we did it. Then Saturday I ran errands and Patrick painted and watched some football. Before we went to the engagement party, we went to a thing at church to see the Ryans, who have moved to Arizona and we miss very much! Austin sang at our wedding. And did crazy things to get there for it, so we are SO thankful for them!


The Sweet Ryans!
And of course Sunday was as busy as always. We went to church, ran errands, ate with Patrick's family, and went to small group. I was quite proud of my creativity this week. Our theme for small group dinner was 'foods named after people.' The Flicks are our small group leaders, so we brought Cesar salad and.... cookies in the shapes of F-L-I-C-K! :-) That's creativity. Patrick's mom helped me make them. It was a bit more of a process than I had planned, but that's ok. They turned out great! Oh, and I "had" to buy cookie cutters to make them, so the only ones I could find came in a huge box with all the letters, numbers, holiday shapes, etc. you can think of. So that will be fun come holiday time!
Did I mention I love holidays??

No comments: