Sunday, December 14, 2008

It's a Wonderful Life

Becky and I had a good day Saturday. We got up and took the Flicks to the airport to fly to catch their flight to New York for their week of fun. Then we came back home and took a short nap. After about an hour or so I went to the gym to workout, followed by a short trip to Marshall's to do some (what I thought would be Christmas) shopping. I found two dress shirts on sale, a pair of thermal's for my upcoming backpacking trip to Big Bend, and got a Christmas present for someone special. Then we went and ran some errands, Becky found some decorations to make the tree look fabulous, and did a quick swap at the dry-cleaners.

For the evening, we had planned on going to Lights in the Heights, but Becky was a little tired, so we went to La Hacienda and watched "It's a Wonderful Life" (arguably the greatest movie of all time, not really, but it is wonderful). At La Hacienda, we bumped into my boss on the BP project. It was ironic because when I told him where I lived he asked if I had been to La Hacienda and he told me he goes there every weekend. Well, we get there on my first trip, and he was there with his family. He came up and said hey and brought his daughter, who is very cute.

That's about all for our Saturday. We don't have small group or anything planned today, so it should be a nice, relaxing day.

No comments: