Thursday, December 18, 2008

It's the holiday season....

Whoa! This year has FLOWN by! We have had so much going on, the weeks have been jam packed. Lots of work and lots of fun stuff after work. We are both very ready for a vacation. Sometimes I think it would be so much easier if we didn't have to sleep. Can you believe Christmas is one week from today?! I feel like I haven't gotten to slow down enough for it to feel like Christmas yet. So today starts the all out, 100% holiday festive feelings.


Until this year, my mom has always gotten me a little gift every day of December. It's a tradition started by my aunt who gave my mom a little cardboard tree with a box on it for every day that you were supposed to put a little gift in. The tree fell apart several years ago and has been replaced with something fancier. And this year, since I am married, the tradition stopped. I believe it was Patrick's intention to somewhat carry it on, but he has been working like a crazy person all of December. (On a side note, I heard through the grapevine that my father told him not to because if he did he would always have to. Hmph.) A few weeks ago, we were in a store discussing the cost of hair products. I normally spend a little more on conditioner because I feel that is more effective than spending a lot of money on shampoo. However, my favorite shampoo is REALLY expensive and comes in a very small bottle. So I never buy it since it seems like such a waste. This year, since Patrick has been working so much and had little time to do any shopping, he bought me my favorite shampoo to make up for lots of little gifts. And it makes my hair smell SO good! That was an exciting early gift.


Another exciting gift... we got an email earlier this week at work that we will be closed on January 2nd!!! YAY! We are closed on the 1st, but they decided to give us the day off on the 2nd as well. That was a wonderful gift. I was already very content with that week because we get back from Baltimore on New Years Eve and then would have New Years Day to just rest and enjoy. Now we have the 2nd and the weekend. I believe we are going to see my dad's family that Saturday for Christmas so that will be fun as well.

Tonight is date night. We have been spending our Thursday nights going to dinner, watching the office, and looking at Christmas lights. Tonight there is not a new Office (I don't think) so we are going to dinner, finishing up some Christmas stuff, and then going in search of a new area to look at lights. We have thoroughly exhausted our part of town. It's time for some new festive scenery. I am SO excited that it's almost Christmas! And tomorrow is Friday. Yay!

Merry 7 days to Christmas!

No comments: