Sunday, March 15, 2009

Annnnd we're back!

We have taken a sabbatical for quite some time now. I apologize. We are back.

Patrick's birthday week was such a whirlwind. I have been waiting for him to do a post about it, but he has been working a whole lot so I am picking up the slack.

As you know, we went to Missouri to visit his extended family and of course... there was pie.

Then on Monday night we did dinner with the Gilgours. (I have to apologize to them because I forgot my camera that night. I have some pictures from the week, but none from the Gilgour dinner. Sorry!) We had a wonderful steak dinner and, of course, pie. Blueberry apple peach, to be exact. Quite the feat. Everything was yummy and it was a very nice evening.

Tuesday was his actual birthday,




and despite my suggestions of a nice dinner out, he opted for Raising Cane's. Aside from the large group of squealing 14 year old girls that drowned out some of our conversation, and the fact that I am a die hard Lane's fan, it was nice. :-) We came home and watched Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid and took a trip to Spec's to find the perfect adult beverage for him to top off the night. He would like it to be noted that he chose a Shiner commemorator.

Wednesday night we took a long walk at Terry Hershey Park. The weather was GREAT. We then tried out a restaurant near us, George's Pastaria. It is quite good actually.

Thursday night was dinner with the Palmours.



I decided Patrick should have some kind of cake for his birthday, so my mom made a gooey butter cake. This is my attempt at making the 23 candles into an apple shape, for obvious reasons.)


Of course the week had to be followed with camping, which I am going to make a post of its own. Camping was Friday night, dinner with Chris, Jon, and Bonnie was Saturday night, and then Sunday afternoon we went to Harris County Smokehouse with my dad and sister at his request. We just missed the breakfast menu which I think he was pretty disappointed about, but their barbeque is also quite delicious.

Quite the week!

1 comment:

Patrick said...

A true fan of subpar chicken fingers would be two things. First, she would know it's spelled L-A-Y-N-E-S. Second, she would weigh over 100 lbs. :-)