Sunday, March 1, 2009

And it's not even my birthday yet!

As Becky mentioned a few days ago, I did get a new toy. We have been in the market for a new TV for quite some time, essentially since we've been married.

Saturday we went to Ikea and got a nice entertainment center. They made a little mistake, I tossed them a line a la Dave Ramsey, and we went back first thing Sunday morning before church and picked up our entertainment center and $20. Thanks Dave! Our friend Abby is an incredible artist, so we are bartering our old entertainment center for some artwork with her and her husband, JT. (The best part of the whole deal is that I never having to move that honker again!)


Adios very large piece of furniture!


A little backstory: When we married in July, my brother was still at home and had not moved out yet. Our plan was to borrow his TV until he left for school. (You can see where this is going...) That didn't happen. We mooched on his TV for way too long.

We had been given some Christmas money and had been saving a bit, so last Sunday we headed off to Costco to make me a happy man. Well, we get to Costco and they didn't have the TV I wanted. I was trying to be bratty, I had my eye on a specific Vizio. They had one floor model left and they weren't going to mark it down, so I passed.


Here we go!


Monday night I drove Michael's TV to him with Chris and met Jon, Daniel, Trent, and Michael at Chicken Oil in Bryan for some greasy cheeseburgers (Oh, how I miss College Station and that place!).

Tuesday I headed straight to Costco after work, this time to decide between the Vizio and another Panasonic. I got there, took a look at them, and discovered this: the Sony next sitting next to them, while a little more expensive, is a much better picture. The Sony was too good a deal to pass up, so I bit. I got a tremendous deal on a discontinued floor-model (approx. 45% off). It looks great, don't you think?

Welcome home!


My dad came over and helped me unload her and stuck around to watch me get her going.


I'm a proud papa...



Nothing like breaking in a new TV with Jinger Duggar!

No comments: