Saturday, August 23, 2008

Saturdays are my favorite day of the week

Hi, I'm Patrick. I'm Becky's significant other.

Saturdays are the best. My Saturday plans start Friday morning at 6:30 AM when I wake up and turn off my alarm clock, because on Saturdays, I don't use an alarm clock to wake me up. I use my wife to wake me up. Just like my alarm clock, she makes noise before I'm ready to get out of bed.

Today, we started the day off at Terry Hershey Park. I love THP. There are hiking trails, mountain bike trails, big trees, friendly people, dogs, playgrounds, etc. It is the best. It makes me happy to see people outside in nature. Becky and I went on a walk (probably 3.5 miles in about an hour). I thought we would be able to go hiking on some dirt trails, but they ended up being in worse shape than I imagined, so we stuck to the pavement today. I haven't ever told anyone this, but I secretly chose this house because it is so close to the park. I'm able to come home from work, hop on my bike, and ride through the park, which is only a 7 minute ride away. Also, I didn't know people shot each other down the street (maybe another post?).

After THP, we went to Olde Towne Kitchen (formerly Olde Towne Kolaches). This place is amazing. Becky loves bread and I love meat, so this is a great place for us to be. We got meat stuffed in super sweet, flaky bread. And they have orange juice. We stayed there for a few extra minutes because they keep their A/C lower than we keep ours, so we cooled down on their dime.

The rest of the day will be filled with errands, but it was great to be in the park with my wife and spend some nature-filled time with her. It's not Montana, but I'll take it ;-)

1 comment:

Elijah Davidson said...

I like y'all's blog. Keep it up. And you should figure out some way to post an Olde Towne kolache so I can take it off my computer screen and eat it here in Pasadena.