Friday, August 8, 2008

Weekend Fun

We are back from San Antonio in one piece. Well, two pieces. But you get the idea.

It was an all around enjoyable weekend. We started off the weekend with a VERY nice nap. We left Houston around 2-ish, drove to San Antonio, checked in to our hotel, and settled in for a snooze. Then we went to the Riverwalk, of course. And ate at Casa Rio- I planned to try something new for Mexican in SA but we went for it. The whole Riverwalk scene is definitely more Patrick's thing than mine. Crowded places always make me a bit claustrophobic. So that was his evening. The people watching was enjoyable though.

Saturday morning, we slept in (a weekend must) and had breakfast at the Guenther House. It's an hour wait and totally worth it. Anyone in the general area should try it out. But do not follow Patrick's example and eat until you are sick! :-) He seems to be cool with it. He ate: a pancake, half my waffle, a fruit plate, the fruit that was on his plate, biscuits (that were enormous) and gravy, sausage, some of my bacon, and the appetizer of muffins and biscuits. So our waiter brings it out and goes "Wow... big meal." Yep. And then he was ill. But all day I would say 'you would feel better if you hadn't eaten so much' and he would say 'it was worth it.' So I guess it was! But really, it's so good. Try it. We went to the gift store and bought their sweet cream waffle mix. And a magnet; we always buy magnets to remember things we've done.

Then we went for massages. We had a couples massage that was so nice. 90 minutes of heaven. The whole thing was perfect, hot rocks and all. We loved it.

Then we did some shopping and settled in to watch the Olympics. I had a headache, so Patrick graciously went to get us dinner and I cheered on the Americans.

Then this morning, we slept in a bit, cleaned everything up, and headed to the outlet malls.

Patrick surprised me by driving us through Hallettsville, which was a pretty big detour but it was where we did a mission trip together right when we were first starting to date. And it has really good memories. So we drove by the community center, and everything else we could remember and then went to Dairy Queen for a blizzard. (Can you stop in a small town and not go to Dairy Queen? Patrick would vote no.)

It was a very relaxing weekend, and we're glad we went. I think our next trip will be to Austin. Neither of us has been there in forever and there's tons to do!

Time for bed!

We did some shopping and made it back for most of small group. Now it's time for a little MarioKart and then bed. It was an altogether great weekend.

1 comment:

J.T. said...

OMG I played sooo much MarioKart this weekend on Wii!! I think I might be hooked (which I guess is the Christian word for "addicted").