Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Remember Rita?

Remember Hurricane Rita? That totally missed Houston? We were in College Station, and of course everyone was going totally crazy over the hurricane so we went to HEB to stock up. (And by stock up, I mean we got magazines and candy). Then the next day.. not a SINGLE drop of rain. Nothing. All of Houston had evacuated (or tried to and got stuck on a highway somewhere), everything was closed... bright sunshine.

Well, Edouard has been a similar disappointment. Yes, there has been some rain. But nothing to keep me from work which is really a bummer. And who came up with the spelling of Edouard anyway? But this time I was ready for it to be more lame than expected. I did not get gas. Did not fill up my bathtub with water. Did not go to the store. Take that, Edouard. Now I get to watch the rain out the window all day. And since there's no sun it's super super cold in our office.

I actually kind of like rainy days. Not like last summer when it rained every afternoon, but on days when I just need to run around a little bit and I have to hurry and run and wear my galloshes. That's fun. And then you finally get inside and you can just watch the rain or watch a movie and it's all cozy. Mmmm.

3 days until our San Antonio trip! Two people have died this year in our fancy hotel. Patrick doesn't seem worried so I'm following his lead. Of course everyone blames it on being by the Alamo so it's haunted. Psh.

******I take back all my previous statements. The rain closed our office at noon.

Thanks, Ed!

2 comments:

Claire said...

yay for blogging and weekend trips! :) We should chat soon to catch up.

J.T. said...

Bookmarked!