Tuesday, May 11, 2010

she blogs, she blogs!

I know, I know. I'm ridiculously behind. And I'm lacking the pictures are cute new house so deserves. And the family members are getting annoyed. :-)

Well let's see. I haven't been on here since mid-March. We closed on the house at the end of March, and spent the next several weeks driving 30 minutes over here after work to get started painting and doing some minor fixing up. I'd say on average we stayed around until midnight or 1 am, and Saturdays were very, very, very long days. BUT of course it's all worth it. The place looks good. There's still so much to do, and I really wanted to post some 'after' pictures that looked completed. But I may just have to let you see how my life is really going and not just a fancied-up blog showing. Ha!

We still don't have cable, so Patrick and I entertain ourselves by watching seasons of the West Wing. If you haven't watched them, you are SERIOUSLY missing out. We're in love. It's fabulous. It's fast-paced and witty and... we're in love. Oh, I said that already? Hm.

The world is exploding with babies around us! I got to meet Beau and Dax yesterday. Holy moly. So adorable. Plus a super cute nursery and a fantastic looking mommy. Good times all around. There's another set of twins to be met in the future, so that will be tons of fun for us come the fall. (No, NOT ours! I'll go ahead and mention here that I get questions about 4 times a day about when we'll be having children. I'm sure it's because literally everyone we know has them. I'm not exaggerating, I never do that. Ok that's a lie, but seriously. We get lots of questions. Which really doesn't bother me, but you, my blogging followers, will stay informed. I promise. Don't expect an update in this area any time soon. Sorry.) And then we get to meet Baby Hokie after that, and there are more babies coming at work, and I'm certain I'm leaving someone out because seriously, I think everyone I know is having babies and I love it! (And Leslie, you can no longer be the one that says 'we're not!' :-) Which in itself, is quite exciting.)

Anyway, that was a very long parenthetical aside there, and then another one. That's terrible grammar I'm sure. Oh see, I did leave one out. Courtney! Get ready for more parentheses. (by the way, Courtney, my husband is the one that noticed you were having a baby on facebook and got all excited and called me into the office to look which I found very humorous because I believe the extent of his interaction with you before that was him suggesting where you should get pie. But congrats!!!)

Ok, really. I need to quit that. The parentheses.

Patrick leaves for Arizona on Saturday. He'll be hiking the Grand Canyon for Team in Training to raise money for Leukemia and Lymphoma. I've said that before, but there's another shoutout. He's pretty pumped. I think it's great, though I'm not so pumped about staying in this new, big house by myself. We'll see how that goes.

Oh, and Patrick's Grandmother visited this past weekend! That was fun. She was our first out of town guest. I mean, she didn't spend the night here in our house, but she came over for dinner so it counts. It was very nice to see her. Hopefully we can get a trip to Missouri planned in the not-so-distant future.

I just had to go back and catch a ton of spelling errors. Which means it's time for bed because I am typically a champion speller. Have I ever told you about how I was THIS close to winning the school spelling bee in the third grade? It's true. Deborah beat me and it was completely unfair. I got vacuum and she got marshmallow. Anyway, it was dramatic. A story for another time.

Night!

1 comment:

The Roberts' said...

haha! that is hilarious. i feel way special with a shout out. also, i too am excited about those twins. :-)