Monday, May 31, 2010

Just for my own sanity, I'm going to update my countdowns:

Cancun: 28 days!
2nd anniversary: 35 days!
Baltimore: 38 days!
Missouri: 84 days!

Wedding season is upon us. Our schedule is quickly filling with weddings and showers. I do love wedding season.

My birthday weekend was wonderful. I took Friday off (I know, I've mentioned that a lot of times now. It's necessary.) and it was lots of fun. We slept in, had breakfast, went to the pool. Then I went and met several of my friends who are stay at home moms and their babies at the splash pad. At which point I made the terrible decision not to wear sunscreen. I never, EVER don't wear sunscreen. I am a sunscreen stickler. But I didn't think I was going to be there very long, and I was wet the whole time so I couldn't really tell I was getting hot. Typically, when I get some sun, I can't really tell until after I go home and shower. This time, I got to the parking lot and could tell my shoulders were very, very red. Bad sign. So it hurt very badly and then I got some sun poisoning which really stinks. I had a fever and I felt awful. But anyway, despite all that, it was a great weekend. And another reason learned as to why I need to always wear sunscreen.

The upcoming weeks of work will probably be the most difficult I've had in 3 years. I'm not sure we've ever been this busy as a company, and while there is an end in sight, it's kind of hard to see. So these weeks will be very challenging, as I'm already kind of burnt out from the long hours we've been working the last couple of months. But that's ok, we will get through it, and we will do so with lots of overtime! :-)

In other news, season 4 of the West Wing so far hasn't lived up to the first three. Let's hope it starts going uphill soon!

I need to find something to make for lunch. I hope everyone is having a great holiday weekend!

Oh, and a major, major praise: I've had a headache on and off for about a week now, and this morning I woke up feeling great! Woo hoo! Could be that my wonderful husband fixed the one set of blinds that wasn't up in our bedroom so the sun no longer shines in my eyes and I no longer wake up squinting. Either way, hooray for good days.

1 comment:

Claire said...

I am loving your countdowns and so glad you had an enjoyable day off [other than the sunburn] and break from work. You deserve it! LOVE YOU!