Sunday, January 24, 2010

here and there

Patrick has been working some long hours here lately.
He's been (hopefully) wrapping up a project.
He's really good at his job. He gets a lot of affirmation about this.

Things have been changing at work some for me.
I don't do well with change.

Patrick is coaching a hike for Team in Training to the Grand Canyon.
It raises money for cancer research.
It's a big time commitment. I'm proud of him.

I've been in need of a pedicure for months now.
Hopefully Leslie and I will remedy that this week.

I'm trying to branch out in my cooking skills.
I love crockpot meals.
I pretty much only cook chicken still.
The 'branching' is still a work in progress.

Patrick's birthday is in 6 weeks(ish).
He has an ever-growing birthday list.
Yep. That's typical.

We still haven't made any decisions about the house.
It's a lot of money to consider.
I wish Houston wasn't quite so huge.
I wish we could put everyone we knew and our jobs in one neighborhood.

Our small group is switching to Thursday nights.
I'm undecided on this.
So far, it's worked out ok. It's only been one week.
I don't know what to do with myself on Sunday nights.

Patrick's mom joined facebook.

I've been halfway through the laundry all weekend.
It's still laying all over the floor.
It will probably still be there tomorrow.

Tomorrow night is date night.
Is it terrible that sometimes we are tired on date night and stay home?
I don't think so. It's still 'us' night.

Every week I decide to go to work earlier so I can come home earlier.
Every week I don't.

Baby Witt is having a rough time.
It's really REALLY hard stuff. Much prayer is appreciated.

We still don't know how Sterline is.
Patrick is still fasting from pie.
He didn't eat it on National Pie Day.
I was impressed.

That's all for now.

No comments: