Thursday, May 28, 2009

Patrick-less week

I (Becky) have been on my own this week. Patrick is with his friends on a trip to the Grand Tetons and Yellowstone, so since Sunday morning I've been doing my own thing. (Somewhat. We have talked a ton!)

What a learning experience. I was unsure what this would be like, as I don't think we've spent a night apart since we got married. First lesson: I have fabulous friends and family who have kept me incredibly busy doing lots of fun things since the moment he left. I had lunch with my mom and sister after church Sunday and then hung out with my fantastic (adult) small group on Sunday night until 11 or so. Monday morning I did some cleaning up from Birthday Week (which was a HUGE success, by the way!) and some laundry, saw Star Trek with my family, then got a pedicure with Denise. Tuesday night the Mengers had me over for dinner and fun conversation. (Super yummy tortilla soup, I might add.) Wednesday was the last week of church for my (teenage) small group. It was a good time. And tonight I get to see some sweet college friends that I have missed OH so much for way too long now. Tomorrow night is another visit with a friend with the possibility of a sleepover, and Saturday I am doing some baby shower planning for some friends and then maybe outlet mall shopping with my mom. PHEW! Then Patrick is back on Saturday night!!!

Work has been a little crazy too which keeps me occupied during the day. And it was a 4 day work week which is always a plus. I am very thankful that he has not traveled for work like we thought he probably would when he took this job. That would be no fun at all. He is going to preteen camp in July, but it's a much shorter trip and much closer to home.

Lesson two: I talk a lot. :-) I'm used to having him around to talk to all the time, so when he calls at night I'm talking his ear off. Isn't there some statistic about the number of words that females need to get in on a daily basis? I think I meet it.

Lesson three: I have gotten pretty much nothing done that I intended to get done while he was gone. The house is not as clean as I intended, and there were lots of errands I have not accomplished. Oh well!

On another note, I used "Kaboom with the power of Oxi" on our shower and it's fantastic but makes my hands feel funny. Note to self: the power of Oxi is strong. Use gloves.

Alrighty, that's enough. I will post a separate Birthday Week post, complete with pictures for your viewing pleasure. Try to hold back your excitement. :-)

Have a wonderful weekend!!

No comments: