Wednesday, October 21, 2009

What ends world hunger? Llamas do.

Reason number 32849 why I like being married:

(Conversation had on the phone with Patrick when I came home for lunch today.)

Me: You got a Christmas magazine from Heifer International in the mail today.
Patrick: Who?
Me: Heifer International. Apparently you could end world hunger.
Patrick: Oh yeah? How?
Me: Well, for one, you could buy a llama.
Patrick: Seriously? A llama?
Me: Yep. For $150. Or you could buy (get this) a share of llama for $20.
Patrick: I would never buy a share of llama. Only a whole llama.
Me: But that's not the only option. You could also purchase honeybees for $30 or a goat, or sheep, etc.
Patrick: Nope. My heart's set on the llama.

And that's my life, folks. In all seriousness, we will be purchasing a llama for those in need in Latin America.

By the way, the conversation started with my attempt to discuss purchasing Christmas gifts that we need to buy a little earlier this year so we can spread out our spending a little bit. We never got past the llamas.

Hope everyone is having a fabulous week!